As a Utility Person you will perform general labor duties that include the use of torches, shovels and other hand tools. You will also operate some mobile equipment, in a heavy industrial environment. The Utility Person also supports and assists in maintenance of plant equipment.
• Performs tasks that support various producing units using basic hand tools, pneumatic equipment, gauges, oxygen lances, power actuated tools, and torches.
• Handles, transports, and processes product and materials
• Work with and around materials that may be hot, heavy or sharp, and hazardous chemicals.
• Ability to perform manual labor and lift in excess of 25 lbs.
• Assists in inspecting and performing maintenance on equipment.
• Work in various areas of the mill is required. Dependent upon the area, environmental conditions can be hot, cold, dirty, greasy, wet, and noisy.
• You may be required to work in close proximity to molten metal.
• After brief on the job training, you will be expected to move into a Utility Technician position which includes operation of material handling equipment such as overhead and mobile cranes of various sizes and types, tractors, trucks, dozers, loaders, boom trucks, and feeders.
• 1 year of manufacturing/industrial experience or equivalent.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must pass a written assessment test.
• The position requires rotating 8 hour shift work, which will include Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
• The position requires overtime work as needed.
• Adherence to safety procedures/guidelines at all times. Safety is our core value which requires you to wear safety protection such as hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing, boots with metatarsal protection, and when necessary respirator equipment.
• The position requires punctuality, consistent attendance and self direction for the success of the operations.
Click on the link below to apply